Link Service Desk to Confluence Knowledge base. All urls are localhost

I have JIRA with service and confluence install on the same box called mycompany-JIRA, with JIRA being mycompany-JIRA:8080 and confluence being mycompany-JIRA:8090

When I go to the service desk project administration and go to Knowledge Base, and select the option to link to a confluence space, then my instance will appear in the drop down list, once I select this my workspace will appear in the list.

The base url on the confluence instance is mycompany-JIRA:8090, however when an article come up in the search results on service host it fails as it is trying to connect to localhost:8090 which will only work on the box itselt.

Even the links in the admin page on the service desk such as:

"Authoring

Manage which agents can author knowledge base articles via space permissions."

Are all localhost.

How do I configure the url that it uses to connect to confluence to be mycompany-JIRA:8090?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I've seen this before and I got around it by recreating the application links between JIRA and Confluence. When doing so make sure you specify the correct URLS and not localhost.

Re-creating the link worked for me.

This didn't work for me, am I missing something simple?

I relinked my applications and I'm still seeing this issue. Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

226 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you