Link JIRA Software Project to Confluence Knowledge base?

Daniel Howard July 6, 2017

We are an OPS team. We manage projects via Agile, but we also manage Incidents and Service Requests. We are at a scale where we manage this effectively in a single queue, so we are a JIRA Software project.

I would like to improve the consistency with which we discover and maintain documentation. Having our issues surface articles from our Confluence space in a manner similar to how JIRA Service Desk surfaces Knowledge Base articles should facilitate the practice.

This does no appear to be possible, though. If you are a Service Desk you link to a KB, else, you don't propose documentation links from your Software project issues to your Confluence space. Is there a way to get around this limitation, or ... ?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eayrs July 10, 2017

Good afternoon Mr. Howard,

Its sounds like you’re creating some functionalities of JIRA Service Desk (JSD) without actually using JSD. Would that be a fair assessment?

No doubt you’ve investigated setting up a public or private depending on the requirement, facing Confluence page to make this work? Another option is of course bespoke development or potentially some 3rd party plugin.

Without knowing more requirements, my advice would be look at installing JSD for KB’s, Queues, and other ITSM functionalities that may surpass what you currently have.

I hope this was helpful.

Peace,

Daniel

Suggest an answer