I have followed this guide and set up a link between JIRA and GitHub https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/linking-bitbucket-cloud-and-github-accounts-to-jira-300814271.html
i can see all of my repos in DVCS accounts, when i sync it says it finds x amount of issues. In GitHub i can see our JIRA account but I have no idea how to use it. I cant see any of the GitHub issue in JIRA? How do i map these and then comment and transition issues through GitHub?
Unfortunately the DVCS Connector does not bring over Issues created in GitHub to JIRA. From the Using the DVCS Connector doc:
Using the DVCS connector, you can:
- Link all or a subset of your existing repositories (both public and private) to JIRA.
- Create new repositories and have them link automatically to JIRA.
- Create new branches in a repository, and see those branches in the related JIRA issue.
- Reference JIRA issues from a DVCS commit message and have those commits appear in the Development panel in the JIRA issues.
- Create new pull requests from a JIRA issue, and see all the related PRs in a JIRA issue.
- Transition issues through a JIRA Cloud workflow (for example, Close, Reopen, and so forth) using smart commit messages.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs