Limiting available filters

NickW February 11, 2013

Hi All

Is it possible to limit the filters displayed on a dashboard?

I have a lot of shared filters but for a particular dashboard I only want a subset displayed.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

I guess you are refering to the "Favorite Filter" gadget on your dashboard?

If so, the only way to reduce the number of filter is to unfavorite them (See here and click on the yellow star to remove the filter as favorite)

NickW February 11, 2013

Yes Udo that is pretty much what I want. The ability to link certain filters with certain dashboards.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hey Nick, I understand now. But I don't think it is possible to achieve this. Since this Gadget displays all favorite Filters of the current user, you will always have the same list on different Dashboards.

I'm not aware if there is another Gadget which can do this. Maybe someone else knows.

0 votes
Manu Goel May 14, 2014

I am facing similar problem.

I am part of multiple projects and in all projects I have roughly similar kind of filters. On an average 5 filters per project. Soon the list in the "Favourite Filters" gadget starts to get overwhelming. Is there a way I can group filters (by project or just by manually grouping them) so that I can create separate dashboards and select only the ones I want to see on each one?

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 votes
Kerem Caglar [Solveka]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

You can create multiple dashboards (one per subset of filters) which are shared based on projects/groups similar to Faysal's answer. If you sync the sharing of filters and dashboards then you might achieve what you are after.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

Suggest an answer