Limiting a user to see only the issues they have created

Jose San Miguel April 28, 2013

I've been playing around with Jira for over an hour and can't figure out how to do this.

I simply want to create a tester user (or group, whatever works!) that can create issues and report them using Bonfire, but can't see any other issues stored within the project. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Assuming you have some groups you can set up a security scheme with one(or more) security level(s). This level defines who can see this issue. You need to add the reporter and the groups you want to be able to see this issue, even if they have not reported it .

Jose San Miguel April 29, 2013

Thanks Udo! That was exactly what we needed.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2013

Technically, there's a far more simple solution - use the advanced "reporter browse" permission. However, I do not think this is enabled on OnDemand...

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Suggest an answer