Limiting Post function to certain Groups/Roles in Workflow

PeteS June 9, 2014

HI,

I am looking to create certain "shortcuts" in our workflow that only certain groups/roles/people can access. I have scoured the boards looking for an answer with no luck.

Exaple: I would like Project Leads to beable to move a ticket to the end of a workflow with out having to hit each step and confirm. We currently have 14 steps in our workflow.

Any suggestions to be able accomplish this would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2014

Post-functions are too late in a transition.

Limit access to the transitions with "Conditions" - this is exactly what they are there for (not sure why you can't find this, it's on the same page of docs as post-functions). You should find conditions like "only project lead" or "only people in role of X" and be able to build on that.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2014

You could accomplish this by creating a single global transition to the destination status, and in this particular global transition set a condition limiting users from group/role/individual to perfom it.

This way the transition is available at all times to push an issue through to the destination status whilst keeping the "normal" transitions intact.

Details on global transitions can be found here and Conditions can be found here

Suggest an answer