Limiting Agent ability to respond to customer based on Issue Status

Greg Schaefer April 6, 2017

I am using Service Desk and have a concern about Agents creating internal comments or responses but then clicking the button or tab to send the response to the customer by mistake.  I would like to be able to only allow the customer response button or tab to appear when in a specfic status.  I have dug into the servicedesk-comment.soy file and found areas where this can be done but am unable to pull the issue status in to run against the IF statement.

The servicedesk-comment.soy has 2 conditions that need to be meet before the External (customer) options are available:

{template .drawCommentTabs}<ul id="sd-comment-tabs" class="tabs horizontal">
<li class="js-sd-external-comment

{if $isExternalMode}active{else}inactive{/if} {if not $isAgent}disabled{/if}">
<a>{getText('sd.comment.tab.external')}</a>
</li>
<li class="js-sd-internal-comment {if not $isExternalMode}active{else}inactive{/if}">
<a>{getText('sd.comment.tab.internal')}</a>
</li>
</ul>

and

{template .drawCommentButtons}
<div class="sd-comment-buttons">
{if $shouldUseButtons}
{call .drawCommentSubmitButtons data="all" /}
{else}
{call .drawCommentSubmitButton data="all" /}
{/if}
</div> {/template}

/**
* Draws the submit button that is relevant to this form
* @param modifierKey
* @param isExternalMode
*/ {template .drawCommentSubmitButton}
{call ServiceDesk.Templates.Shared.Form.submitButtons}
{param submitExtraClasses}
{if $isExternalMode}sd-external-submit

{else}sd-internal-submit{/if}
{/param}
{param submitButtonLabel}
{if $isExternalMode}{getText('sd.comment.tab.button.external')}{else} {getText('sd.comment.tab.button.internal')} {/if} {/param} {param modifierKey: $modifierKey /} {/call} {/template}

I would like to add a condition for status="Waiting for Customer" or "Final Resolution".  Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2018

Check out this nifty little trick.

Suggest an answer