Limit users from creating issue directly in Jira those who have access to service desk customer portal

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

I have a situation where Service Desk customer users are login into jira and creating tickets rather than from support portal /service desk

Is there a way to limit user not to allow to create ticket from jira directly but giving capability to user service desk

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hello Pareshkumar

For that you could use JIRA service desk permission schemes. This is well described here. One thing to note is that all JIRA users are created by default under "JIRA Users" global permission group, so for thos SD users you will have to remove then from this group or create a security scheme that prevents them to create issues form JIRA. The proccess that describes how modify JIRA global permissions is described here.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's something else I can help you.
Best regards.
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian JIRA Support Engineer

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2014

We are using AD. In this case do i need to create AD groups which excludes SD users

Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2014

Hey Pareshkumar.

That's not an obligation but fi you can do that it will better for your administration and for the granularity of your permissions.

Suggest an answer