Limit user to only browse issues that are participants/assigned to them

Luis Cabezas September 13, 2019

Hello all,

My goal is to let users that are either participants, watchers, or assignee of a ticket be given the Browse Project permission but limit them to only the tickets they belong to.

When I tried to give Browse Project permissions to groups outside our IT (Service Desk Team), they were able to view ALL tickets and information inside. Since we have tickets that have confidential data or sensitive data we cannot allow that. Still, not being able to provide Browse Project permissions to certain tickets, it makes it hard to collaborate with other people/projects.

I tried setting up issue-level security by following the guide below but it blocked all Service Desk Team from being able to view the tickets at all. I am not sure what I did wrong, so if you guys had any tips on how to set this up correctly. Please let me know.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-limit-user-to-only-browse-issues-assigned-to-or-reported-by-them-779160753.html

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2019

HI,

I had the same requirements, i just give the browse project permission to everyone who need to be able to see its own ticket, and i create a issue security level, in this security level i gave the permission for my it tech group, so they can see all ticket and i add the reporter and the assignee, so the assignee will only see its own ticket.

Make sure your issue security level is set by default to the one you created.

By the way, in the old ticket you will need to set the issue securty level that you have just configured. In the new one the security level will be set by jira if you set it by default.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for my english

Suggest an answer