Limit use of priority's

Wayne Griswold October 15, 2015

Hello! I was wondering, is it possible to limit the uses of certain priority's? I have a Major priority, but I would like users to only be able to have 3 or less of those at one time, to not get overloaded with work. Is such a thing possible? Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2015

Not really.  There are some javascript hacks and add-ons which will limit the list, but it's getting easier and easier to get around those.

The other option is to use validators in the workflow to check and reject updates, but that won't stop edits.

Wayne Griswold October 16, 2015

There are some javascript hacks and add-ons which will limit the list

What are those?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2015

They are snippets of javascript code which you add to the announcement banner. They execute in the browser after the page loads, and can be used to remove options from the priority list. I only mention them in my answers because if I don't, someone else will mention them and suggest that they're actually a good idea (they are not, and if anyone tells you they are, they're wrong) - The code is highly volatile, the slightest change can break them, including upgrades, addons and other snippets - They run in the browser, so a user can easily bypass or ignore them - They run in the browser, so REST ignores them - There is often more than one way to create or update an issue, and covering every possible route with javascript hacks is a nightmare, especially when you often need different code for each route. (See the first and last points for why I'm not giving you any code)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2015

Try the Behaviours plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours. I think it's not allowed out of the box.

Suggest an answer