Limit number of concurrent API connections?

ejstraband_mattersight October 26, 2015

I have a VMWare admin who's using a monitoring system to open JIRA tickets with a dedicated user account and using the API to do so. We were wondering if there's a way to limit the number of concurrent API calls in casea major VMWare event tries to open a large number of tickets causing performance problems.

I'm not seeing anything in the UI or any documentation for editing a conf file or Database. Any ideas? Am I missing it? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--Eric

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2015

I am not sure there is a limit to the API calls or a way to configure it. Instead of restricting it, why not investigate the cause of large number of tickets being created?

ejstraband_mattersight October 27, 2015

Thanks for the quick response. We've tested this on a non-prod system and it is working fine and there is no current "large ticket" issue. We're trying to protect against a possible future event by setting the API limit. We had a VMWare problem last fall and (though it shouldn't happen again) it is on the checklist of things to try to protect ourselves from.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

We can put in a "feature request" like this in support.atlassian.com. They will usually respond if it's feasible or not right away :)

Suggest an answer