Limit notification email to All Watchers who are members of a particular group

Shaun Scott November 20, 2012

Hi Team,

I was wondering if it is possible in JIRA to Limit the email notification of a comment made on a case to members of the group specified as 'visible to' when the comment is made.

I hope that makes sense.

Edit - They are also watchers of the job aswell. So user is a watcher and memeber of group comment is visible to.

Cheers

Shaun

2 answers

1 vote
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hey there, Shaun.

When you mention limiting the notification sent to the specific group members, maybe you will have to play around with the Notification Scheme to achieve this. As there is no option to have ACTIVE OR INACTIVE groups in JIRA, you might want to set the notification (as an example: Issue Commented) to the specific group and not the watchers.

If I miss out on anything, please feel free to explain further and I will try my best to assist you with it.

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
Shaun Scott May 8, 2013

Hi Danial,

Thanks for the response. Setting the notification to the spefici group would not really do as we have groups with up to one hundred members who would them be spammed.

The problem stems from having external clients who raise cases and have multiple watchers, and we have internal staff who make comments on the JIRA which are not for the eyes of the external client (which is why we set to comment to visible to internal only), but the all the watchers are emailed and then recieve the internal only comment.

Hope that helps with the explanation of the issue.

Suggest an answer