Limit issue visibility to a group and to just a reporter

I have a JIRA project setup as a Help Desk for my employees and various contractors that work for us. The employes are in a group called jira-employees and the contractors are in a group called jira-contractors.

I have 2 main requirements

1) I want my employees to be able to see everything in the Help Desk.

2) I want my contractors to only be able to Create Issues and only View Issues where they are the Reporter

I'm not sure I really grok how to use Issue Level Security and Security Levels to enable this. Is it possible to have different security applied to an issue based on the group of the reporter?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Jobin is partly right, but "browse project: reporter" does not work the way you assume it does.

"Browse project: reporter" will allow anyone with *create* permission to see the entire project. This is because Jira doesn't know who the reporter might be for the issue, and so has to let everyone who *might* be a reporter in.

There is a workaround - enable and use "current reporter browse" instead - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

This widget could not be displayed.

You should be able to make use of permission scheme itself. Just make sure the "Browse project" permission is limited to reporter and the specified group.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

121 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you