Limit attachements size per single jira ticket

Lukasz Sak July 14, 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to set the attachments limit size per single jira ticket not per single attachment?

Case:

I set 50MB limit per attachments, but some of customer adding many of attachments and sometimes the amount is more than 200MB.

I would like to avoid disk usage exceeding and situation where jira is tool for storing artifacts as We have other tools for it, so idea and question is to have possibility of limiting adding attachments per ticket. Or maybe you have some idea how to prevent such kind of action?

Kindly Regards,

Lukasz Sak

1 answer

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Lukasz Sak,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it seems that the limit for the number of files on a Jira ticket cannot be set. You can also look at How can I set the limitation in number of attachments, where it was solved as unsolvable. 

BR

Pavel

Lukasz Sak July 14, 2021

@Pavel JunekThank you for your reply :) Nice greeting :D

Question was about limit size per group of attachments in single ticket, but I am supposing that this is not possible, am I right?

So the only possibility for limiting attachment size is limiting it setting limit on single file/attachmetn?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Yes, it's exactly as you write - it is only possible to set a file size limit across Jira.

BR

Pavel

Lukasz Sak July 15, 2021

Thank you so much for quick reply :)

Suggest an answer