Limit Who Can View a Jira Project

Jira Admin November 15, 2018

How can I limit which users can see a project by project within Jira?  

So if user A logs in I only want them to see Project 1.

If user B logs in I only want them to see Project 2.

If user C logs in I want them to see Project 1 and Project 2.

I've been sifting through the various security mechanisms but not seeing a clear method for accomplishing this task.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

Hi @Jira Admin,

I think the best way will be to achieve this with a combination of an permission scheme and project roles.

First define an permission scheme, where you grant the different permissions to specific roles. Please have a look at the link Mikael provided for this.

Then you go to the People-Page in your project settings and assign the different roles to your users. 

If you do it this way, you do not need a own permission scheme for each project, instead you can reuse one scheme for many projects (except the roles should have different permissions in different projects).

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You do it by setting up a new project permission scheme that limits who can browse a project etc, see Project permissions

Suggest an answer