Limit Project Admin Rights?

KeriB February 6, 2013

Hello! We were wondering if there is any way to limit the rights project admins have within JIRA. We have had to make a lot of people project admins so they can use GreenHopper to the max potential, but we really don't want them messing with versions & components. I've done lots of research and haven't seen anything about it but thought i'd ask here.

Thanks!

KeriB

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

This issue in JAC seems to cover lot of what is missing - but does not mention the Greenhopper use case. The issue already has plenty of votes but it might help to add a comment with your example.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2013

Not really. You're either a project admin, or you are not.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2013

Well, you could dig into the code, but off-the-shelf, I'm afraid there's nothing.

KeriB February 7, 2013

That is what I thought but thought I would ask in case anyone's done any roundabout things to limit permissions. Thanks!

Suggest an answer