Limit Issue types based on project role while create new issue

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld August 18, 2014

Many users ask me to limit possible list of issue types based on the according project role while creating new issue. As example a developer should only create tasks and no user stories.

In the past the behaviours plugin by Jamie Echlin should have handled that, but this plugin wasn t supporting later JIRA versions. From Script Runner 3.0 the features of behaviours are told to be added to Script Runner, but cannot find the in the according docu.

We have installed Script Runner 3.0.4 (very helpful plugin!) on JIRA 6.3.3 including JIRA Agile, so how can i get this restriction working?

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

As a workaround you can use script validator https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Validators that will not allow to create issues with certain issue types. The issue types themself will be listed for everyone, but error message will be shown to user who will try to set issue type he hasn't permission to deal with.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

I use this technique myself. But to avoid the user filling in the form before they get rejected, I use a behaviour to display an error under the summary or issue type or something, warning that they must change the issue type to "Support Request". (As well as the validator).

Suggest an answer