Like Boards and Projects in JIRA, Do we have any 3rd thing, Say 'x' which is independent of Boards/Projects but can be tagged into 'x'?

Dhiraj Aggarwal January 30, 2017

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

JIRA is an issue tracker, not designed for random arbitrary items.  It groups issues into projects, and then boards look at ranges of issues.

Could you explain what you're actually looking to do here?  What is the benefit of this X for the end user?

Dhiraj Aggarwal January 30, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], we just don't want to use JIRA as a Bug Tracking Tool. It's a Task management tool cum product management as well.

What I want to do: [considering Team as Board and Product as Project in JIRA]

• Say, I have 8 Teams. Each team can have Multiple Products.
  • Now If we start a new Feature which is dependent on Multiple Teams and Multiple Products, how should I create this Feature in JIRA? If I create it as Epic, again it will need a Parent. What do I consider "Feature" in JIRA?

Help me here. Or suggest an alternate.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

Yes, it is, but you don't need arbitrary objects to do any of that.  Just issues.

Epics need to live in projects as they are issues, but that doesn't stop issues from other projects being added to them.

For another layer of items like that, try Portfolio

Suggest an answer