Licensing question: Upgrading from 6.4 to 7.0 and then to 7.6

We have a server version 6.4 running and are planning to upgrade all the way up to 7.6. I know this is a two-step process. 

I reviewed the licensing of our instance and found that we have a JIRA License, and JIRA Agile Plugin License. From what I read in the documentation, my understanding is that:

1. Jira Agile will be deprecated and its features will be integrated into version 7.0+

2. our current JIRA License will be converted to a JIRA Software License

Can I get some confirmation if my understanding is correct? The reason I am confused is that when I go to the license page in System, I see that we have a JIRA Software (Server) License. 

Please help! 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Nearly right:

1. Yes - but specifically, Jira Agile gets converted into the application "Jira Software".  So you're moving from Jira + Agile add-on to Jira + Software Application

2.  No, there's no conversion!  A key for Jira Software will activate an older Jira Agile add-on, and an Agile key will work for Jira Software.

Thanks Nic,

So the Agile Key will activate the JIRA Software..

This line confuses me - "For example, a JIRA Agile license can be used with the JIRA Agile application, but not for JIRA Software."

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/jira-license-compatibility-matrix

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

137 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you