Licensing help please

Liran Vaisser May 23, 2016

Hi

In my organization there is 3 Admins and 50 users who open tickets . what kind of a license should i use ? 

Users trying to open tickets are getting :

You do not have a permission to log in. If you think this is incorrect, please contact your JIRA administrators.

When trying to add users to the servicedesk-customer group i get the below :

Adding a user to the selected groups will exceed the number of allowed users licensed to JIRA Service Desk. You need to reduce the number of licensed users, or consider upgrading your user tier.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liran Vaisser May 23, 2016

What kind of license should I use ? as said , I got 50 users in the company and 3 admins .

can you link it here ?

I Need SERVER LICENSE PLEASE

Thanks

0 votes
Aaron Ricks June 3, 2016

From what I read, customers do not use licenses, you only need to pay for 'agents' or the people who respond to the customers.

--

JIRA Service Desk customers is anyone who create requests through the customer portal or by email. Customers can:

--Create, comment on, and track requests through the customer portal
--Create and comment on requests via email
--Add comments and attachment to requests
--Add other participants to their own requests

Customers do not require a JIRA Service Desk license or JIRA user license. Anyone can create a service desk request and you'll never be limited to how many customers can access your service desk.

Grant Harding June 16, 2020

I realise this is an old thread, but this is my take on this as well. I was lead to believe by the Atlassian documentation that the basic Cloud version would enable 3 users (agents) and unlimited internal "customers", but when I try to add even a single customer I get the license exceeded violation. This is the second time I've tried to get this going for our org, but ran into another brick wall.

Any advice would be well appreciated.

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi Liran,

Ok, so, you will need a 51-100 users licence.

Here is the url to buy it: https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/product/jira-servicedesk?unitCount=100

Best regards, Damien.

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi Liran,

In JIRA Service Desk, admins and users use a token. So you'll need at least a 53 users licence smile

Suggest an answer