Licenses

Audra Bonacki June 8, 2017

Hi there, we have a JIRA Software license for 250 users and a Zephyr license for 250 users. I see a count of JIRA licenses in use but not for Zephyr. I know there is a separate licence for Zephyr, but is that 250 user count for both or for each? Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hi Audra,

The license count for the add-on must meet the license count you have for the add-on.  When a new user is added to have application access, one of the Zephyr add-on licenses will automatically be consumed which will make the used license count equivalent to JIRA's licensed users count.

This is from the Browse, try, and buy add-ons for Atlassian products FAQ:

Purchase the license tier that matches the number of users you have licensed for your host application. For example, if you have a 25-user Confluence license, purchase the Confluence add-on at the 25-user tier. The add-on will only function if its license matches or exceeds the tier of the host application – even if only some of your licensed users need to use the add-on.

For JIRA, you must purchase the add-on license that matches the highest JIRA application tier. For example, if you have a 500-User JIRA Software license, and a 20-Agent JIRA ServiceDesk license, your JIRA add-ons must be at the 500-User level. 

Hopefully that clears things up a bit!

Cheers,

Branden

Yes, much appreciated!

0 votes
Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2017

You have to license the plugins at the same level as JIRA, at least that has been my understanding. So however many JIRA users you have active will be the same as the count for Zephyr.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks Brian!

Suggest an answer