License Question

Dave Holland November 7, 2012

We are in the process of moving our Jira installation and have a few questions.

The Scenario:

We had 100 users for Jira and GreenHopper. We upgraded to 500 users for Jira and 500 for Greenhopper and purchased Confluence for 500 users. The original installation was running on a virtual machine, using HSQL and running in our office Version 4.1.2. We decided to just start over, we have a brand new server sitting in our production environment. I have the latest version of Jira installed and I'm using a MySQL database this time. My question really comes down to this - we need both of them running at the same time while we make the transition. We will continue to run on the old installation (the 100 users) while we build up this new one, export and import the data, create users and all of that jazz. If I take the newly provided License, and put it in *both* instances for the time being will this cause a problem? What is the recommended course of action here?

1 answer

0 votes
Gary
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2014

Hi Dave,

The license is only valid for a single system, so this would not work.  However, you should be able to generate another eval license to use for one of the systems before you do the full migration.

Cheers,

Gary

Suggest an answer