Let me know is there way to check the DB connectivity through Jira application dashboard

Kurasi Vishnu Priya June 22, 2021

Hi we are trying to upgrade  jira application from 8.4 to 8.7 , Is there any option to check the db connectivity through jira application dashboard.

If so please let us know.

Thanks,

Vishnu Priya K

2 answers

0 votes
Kurasi Vishnu Priya June 23, 2021

Last question is there an option to upgrade jira version directly from Jira application dashboard?

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021
Kurasi Vishnu Priya June 24, 2021

Hi ,

To upgrade to 8.7 jira version which java and jdk version should support. Kindly let us know on it

Regards

Vishnu Priya K

Kurasi Vishnu Priya July 8, 2021

Hi , 

Suddenly our jira site db connections went to zero and site is not accessible its showing up 408 error , can you please guide us ...

Thanks

Vishnu Priya K

Kurasi Vishnu Priya July 21, 2021

Hi,

.jira.startup.IndexRecoveryLauncher] Issue index is out of date with the database by more than 24 hours. Automatic recovery is not attempted

Facing this error after upgrading my jira from 8.4 to 8.7,please let me know how to resolve this

Thanks

Vishnu Priya K

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Hi @Kurasi Vishnu Priya ,

Can you provide more information on the use case? If you are not connected to your db, you won't be able to login or even the application UI. You will see a warning message related to db config/connectivity when you access JIRA.

Thanks! this help to my question , may i know to upgrade to 8.7 jira version what and all pre requirements needed.

Like on installers 

Thanks,

Vishnu Priya K

Like Niranjan likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

Hi Niranjan,

kindly help out me in these 2 questions.

1. Can we directly upgrade jira from 8.4 to 8.7 version , or need to upgrade from 8.4 to 8.5 then 8.6 and then 8.7

2. How much estimated downtime will be taken for upgrade activity.

Thanks,

Vishnu Priya K

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

@Kurasi Vishnu Priya  - 

Yes you can upgrade JIRA from 8.4 to 8.7.  Test the upgrade in your dev instance to understand the impact of any custmization.

Time for upgrade depends on your CHG management process, the size of data in your JIRA, testing time, backout plans and backup process. 

An upgrade with installer does not take more time. We usually reserve it for weekends with 6-8hrs of downtime

Check release notes here - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-7-x-release-notes-990550432.html

Thank You !

Last question is there an option to upgrade jira version directly from Jira application dashboard?

Like Niranjan likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2021

@Kurasi Vishnu Priya Kindly accept the answer so that the post will be marked as SOLVED. Thanks and good luck

Suggest an answer