Let jira users "share and email the issue" in their group without enabling "global permissions"

moxin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Is their any plugin (free) that can email the issue to their group member(s) without enabling "global permissions".

i was reading this plugin tutorial, jira-email-tutorial it worked perfectly.

how can i automate the whole process of creating template, event and importing vm file when i compile and make a plugin.The main problem is to automate these steps.

Also for more accessibility i want to make a 'js' file that open a popup window and gets the issue link and displays a textbox where i can input group name or username and click 'send' to send email. I did this partially, btw.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Automation can be done when plugin is enabled or disabled, in a listener. Something liek this: http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/03/plugin-lifecycle-events.html

You will still have to drop the templates.

Well, the other option is to construct the mail yourself and send it after retrieving JIRA mail server details. All using pure java mail APIs.

Suggest an answer