Let customers make issues in the project.

Daniel González March 2, 2021

We are a company bringing software support to 300+ customers and we need to track every Issue and Question from the customer. We want to let them join into a project and make issues for us to solve it or answer it.

The trouble with this, we cannot afford to pay 7$ monthly for every single customer.

I was thinking maybe we can use another free issue tracking like gitlab and synchronize it with jira but I would really like to only use Jira for this.

Which one is the right approach?

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

You need to consider Jira Service Management for this purpose as customers are free and you pay for your Agents that field the requests.

Daniel González March 2, 2021

Thank you. I just discovered it right now. I close this question.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

Look at Jira Service Management - agents are expensive compared to Jira Software users, but you only need a few.  Customers are free though, and have a simplified view and place to ask questions and raise support requests (and if you have Confluence, there's a knowledge base function with automated searching so the portal can redirect people to read docs if they're asking a question with a known answer)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events