Let a user see only data from 1 specif project

Klaus November 7, 2012

I'm within a trail phase for Jira Ondeman. I like to setup different projects in Jira Ondemand for different customers, lets say: project A for customer X and project B for customer Y. Of course: I don't want that customer X can see any information from custmer Y and vice versa.

The problem I see: When I create a user AND when I want that he can log in to Jira Ondemand, I must give him the "User rights, Otherwise she/he cannot login. If she/he has the "User rights" then she/he can see all other projects.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

You need to create own roles, groups and permission schemes. It feels like you are using the default settings. This will not work for your case.

Klaus November 7, 2012

Thank you for this hint. I'll try it.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Here is an example description that should help.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+project+visibility

In your case you will not have an all group except for adminstrative purposes.

Klaus November 7, 2012

That is exactly what I was looking for. Great. :-)

Suggest an answer