Learning Workflow

Tracy Underwood April 24, 2014

I am a very new admin to Jira. I have been researching how to set-up workflows and found many training documents, videos etc, but I haven't been able to find any step by step instructions. In a project when a specific component is selected, I want several users to be assigned different issues. Is this possible? And does anyone know how I could find the step by step instructions on how to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

The standard Atlassian docs do a good job of a step by step guide from what I've read, I've been able to train other Jira admins by saying "read the docs then come back to me when you're stuck" - they do get stuck, but it's always on the more twisted requirements or complex config.

>In a project when a specific component is selected, I want several users to be assigned different issues.

This is a very vague definition. Do you mean you want an issue to go to a certain assignee if you select component X? (Have a look at "component leads" and "default assignees") or something else?

Suggest an answer