Learning Workflow

I am a very new admin to Jira. I have been researching how to set-up workflows and found many training documents, videos etc, but I haven't been able to find any step by step instructions. In a project when a specific component is selected, I want several users to be assigned different issues. Is this possible? And does anyone know how I could find the step by step instructions on how to do this?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

The standard Atlassian docs do a good job of a step by step guide from what I've read, I've been able to train other Jira admins by saying "read the docs then come back to me when you're stuck" - they do get stuck, but it's always on the more twisted requirements or complex config.

>In a project when a specific component is selected, I want several users to be assigned different issues.

This is a very vague definition. Do you mean you want an issue to go to a certain assignee if you select component X? (Have a look at "component leads" and "default assignees") or something else?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 10 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

32 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you