Latest UPM on JIRA 5.0.7

aarnetadmin August 19, 2013

Despite claiming support for JIRA 4.3 up, the latest UPM will not install on 5.0.7 (old I know but there you go). I don't mind if it's truly unsupported, but the documentation should make that clear if so.

Error is:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.async.SimpleAsyncTaskManager] for bean with name 'simpleAsyncTaskManager' defined in URL [bundle://124.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]:

1 answer

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi there,

I believe that you have bumped into the bug described below:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-2960

However, manual update of the UPM through file upload should be working fine.

Hope this helps :)

aarnetadmin August 28, 2013

Hrm - seems to occur with an manual upload as well. Looks like I'll have to schedule an outage and hit the filesystem.

aarnetadmin September 2, 2013

OK, managed to get it updated via manual intervention as per instructions. I can manage plugins nicely now, but the UPM self-update is broken:

Sep 3, 2013 1:11:12 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.of([Ljava/lang/Object;)Lcom/google/common/collect
/ImmutableList;
        at com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.UpdateParametersFactory.getUpdateParameters(UpdateParametersFactory.java:46)
        at com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.rest.resources.ExecuteUpdateResource.execute(ExecuteUpdateResource.java:59)

mtaylor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Which version of UPM are you running currently and are there any files in your jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins that resemble 'self-update'? If it exists, remove it from the filesystem and restart JIRA. If you have UPM 2.7.8 or 2.7.9 installed then remove that as well and install a newer version.

Suggest an answer