Despite claiming support for JIRA 4.3 up, the latest UPM will not install on 5.0.7 (old I know but there you go). I don't mind if it's truly unsupported, but the documentation should make that clear if so.

Error is:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.async.SimpleAsyncTaskManager] for bean with name 'simpleAsyncTaskManager' defined in URL [bundle://124.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-components.xml]:

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Richie Gee Atlassian Team Aug 19, 2013

Hi there,

I believe that you have bumped into the bug described below:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-2960

However, manual update of the UPM through file upload should be working fine.

Hope this helps :)

Hrm - seems to occur with an manual upload as well. Looks like I'll have to schedule an outage and hit the filesystem.

OK, managed to get it updated via manual intervention as per instructions. I can manage plugins nicely now, but the UPM self-update is broken:

Sep 3, 2013 1:11:12 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.collect.ImmutableList.of([Ljava/lang/Object;)Lcom/google/common/collect
/ImmutableList;
        at com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.UpdateParametersFactory.getUpdateParameters(UpdateParametersFactory.java:46)
        at com.atlassian.upm.selfupdate.rest.resources.ExecuteUpdateResource.execute(ExecuteUpdateResource.java:59)

Which version of UPM are you running currently and are there any files in your jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins that resemble 'self-update'? If it exists, remove it from the filesystem and restart JIRA. If you have UPM 2.7.8 or 2.7.9 installed then remove that as well and install a newer version.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you