It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Last comment in Search results out of the box

Hey All,

Is there any news / update / decision made around having the ability to have the last comment made on a search result item being made a column that could be included in the search results.

There are various posts about using addons and creating custom fields and the like but the majority of users will not have the access rights to do such things

This feels to me like basic functionality that a lot of users would benefit from 

For example when managing a team you could ask for a daily update on progress which could easily be returned in a search filter and then if required emailed to interested parties 

I am currently using Jira v7.13.9 and I have read on some posts that this functionality may exist on alternative versions? If anyone knows how this can be done or has some definitive update on this then it would be appreciated

1 answer

Hi @Daniel Davies 

Unfortunately, there is no way to achieve this out of the box. Actually it is also not considered to be done. Here is the related issue for this, you can vote/watch it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-2734

So, you should use apps as described in the issue:

Enhancer Plugin for Jira

CCC Last Comment

Comment Toolbox for Jira

Power Custom Fields 

Utilities for Jira

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

334 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you