It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Last QA Task Marked Done but showing a strike through on one screen and don't on another

I updated our story workflow this week. Now when the last QA task is marked "Done" in the Story View it has the strikethrough as expected, but in the Active Sprint View, it is marked as "Done" but does not have the strikethrough.  I have been researching this and I am sure it has to do with the workflow update.  Can someone please help me figure this one out?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Oct 30, 2019

you must set the Resolution field. strike-through, and many Jira behaviors, are driven by the Resolution field.

I have not been able to fine the Resolution field. Also, it would have the strikethough on one page and not on another based on the Resolution?

I found the Resolution field, but not sure what it should be set to.

If the field is empty, the issue is "unresolved" and hence there's no strikeout.  If the field is set to anything, then the issue is resolved and struck out.

The strike out only appears in some views.

Thank you both.  I figured it out.  When I implemented a new Main Workflow this weekend, I thought I mapped the same QA workflow to the Main Workflow.  However, I realized I had selected an incorrect QA workflow.  I updated the Main Workflow, then went into the project and changed the status from Done to QA In Progress then back to Done and everything was back in order.

Like Jack likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you