Language Pack Dual language JIRA Helpdesk

Michel Legrand July 19, 2017

Hi,

I am Belgian, and in my country software must most often work in two languages, depending on the user's mother language french or dutch.

As far as I understood Dutch is available in a language pack
- could you reconfirm that this language pack can not be available on the cloud version -> we would have to purchase a server solution.

An another question has to be confimed : is it possible to have a single Atlassian JIRA Helpdesk/Confluence  installation which can "serve" users AND customers into french and dutch at the same time, depending on a choice or the config made user per user (this one is French speaking, this other one is Dutch speaking ),

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

Atlassian does not yet have an official language pack for Dutch in either Cloud or Server offerings for JIRA Service Desk.  There are existing open feature requests for these:

JSDCLOUD-1630
JSDSERVER-1630

But I found that there is a customer submitted language packs available.   From reading Languages - Atlassian Cloud documentation it appears that these translation packs are not available for Atlassian Cloud offerings.   So you should still be able to use this language pack with JIRA Server. 

You can download these from Atlassian Translations

However for JIRA Service Desk I do not believe it is currently possible to serve up the same instance in a bilingual or multilingual setup just yet.  You would have to select one language or the other. The user profiles in JIRA can choose their language preferences, but service desk is operating a bit differently than the JIRA Core/Server is in this regard, so I fear not everything would be translated depending on the logged in users preferences.

There is an existing feature request for this ability in JSDSERVER-819

I would recommend visiting that page as there appears to be a survey there to gather more information about what this feature would entail.

Suggest an answer