Labels in total

Deleted user January 11, 2018

just quick check with my dear community:  anyway to have labels in total assuming we have the database access ?  we want to know how many labels been generated ?

anyway to have labels in total assuming we are the jira admin (or even jira system admin)?  we want to know how many labels been used to attach onto issues? 

2 answers

0 votes
Todd Winton January 11, 2018

Just to make sure I understand your question, are you wanting to report on the number of labels per issue, or a complete list of labels in a jira instance?

complete list of existing labels in a jira instance (knowing we can have a label, but not use it)

complete list of active (used at least for one issue) labels in a jira instance. 

Thank you, @Todd Winton, I am doing some verification from one system to another, so at least jira ones I can get help here. 

by the way, I only know select * from label  , but I think there must be some other information I can get regarding label. 

If you have database level access, you can query the table [dbo].[label].  This will give you all of the labels and the issues they are associated with. 

I missed your comment about querying the table.  IN the column issue, that contains the id for the issue in the table [jiraissue] that you can link to to get the project and issue number.

Deleted user January 12, 2018

thank you,  I used 

select count(issue), LABEL from label group by LABEL

0 votes
Vasilis Gennaris January 11, 2018

One way is to see them into the issue on the field label if you just press the Label field there is a dropdown with all the available labels.

Vasilis Gennaris January 11, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 17.13.49.png

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events