Labels fields with autocomplete

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hello, community

The normal labels fields has the functionality to type any word. If the field was polulated from previous issues, the word can appear. I don't want that. What I want is to have the labels customfield in which I can prepopulate the value and when I type, only the prepopulted words have to be there.

In few words, is there auto completed label custom fields

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

To get a pre-populated list, ditch "labels" (the whole point of the labels field is that users can enter what they want without a fixed list). Create a multi-select list instead, that has all the functions you need.

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

But what happens if a select option has composed field like (Name, URL)?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2013

A select list has a list of options. You set the options. Doesn't matter if it's (Name, URL), (Badger, Mushroom, Snake) or whatever.

Actually, I'm really not sure I understand what you mean by a composed field. However, I suspect labels are even less suitable, as they break down into single words, so entering name, url would get you two separate labels.

Suggest an answer