Labels field not showing up

Internal Accounts January 27, 2015

I've added a label to several issues (of a custom issue type) in my JIRA Cloud instance, but for some reason the Labels field isn't showing up on either the edit or view screen for the issues.  I've confirmed that the Labels field is in fact configured to be present on those screens, but no dice.

When I try to add "Labels" to a JQL query, the UI has the "Labels" field greyed out (unselectable) with a tooltip hint saying, "Label is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type."

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2015

I suspect you've got the context wrong - go to custom fields and find it, and then check it's not limited to any particular project and/or issue type - it should say "global".

Or the field configuration is blocking it - check it's not hidden in the field configuration screen for that project/issue type.

Internal Accounts January 27, 2015

That was it! It was hidden in the field configuration for that issue type. Thanks a ton!

Suggest an answer