Label notifications

JamesM March 17, 2014

When are notifications sent if the Send Notification checkbox is checked on the Labels screen?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Hi Jim,

The send Notification checkbox only related to the fact that the change of the Label(s) should trigger the normal notification flow of JIRA. Same flow as when you would edit other fields of the issue.

So this notification is specific to the issue that's being labeled.

If you want to get a notification for every issue that receives a particular label, you'll have to create filter like this:

labels = "<label>"

When you have saved the filter you can click on Details and create Subscription. More details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email#ReceivingSearchResultsviaEmail-SubscribingtoaFilter

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Barath Bandaru April 17, 2018

I am currently using jira7.2.8 .when i using this JQl in the filter,its not showing any issues/tickets related to label -latest update one's

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2014

Hi Jim,

Usually Notifications are sent in the next minute. If you are having delays of an hour or so in some emails, and since you are on OnDemand, feel free to create a request in support.atlassian.comand we'll search the logs for any errors delivering your mails.

Sometimes Mail servers reject connections or consider some mails spam.

I don't quite understand what "Send Notification checkbox" you are refering to. Is it when performing a bulk operation on several issues?

I hope that answers :)

Cheers,
Mauro

JamesM March 18, 2014

Hi Mauro,

Open an existing ticket, click the More drop-down and select Labels. Beneath the label name is a checkbox labeled Send Notification. I just want to know what happens if that is checked. When are notifications sent if it is checked?

Thanks,

Jim

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2014

Thanks for explaining. I found it :)

And yes, those notifications should be sent within the minute as all other notifications. You can check the mail queue (type 'gg queue') to see if emails are being sent.

Cheers.
Mauro

JamesM March 23, 2014

Do I assume that a notification is sent every time a label, which has the Send Notification checked, is applied to a ticket?

Suggest an answer