Label field no longer has pencil in JIRA 8.5 version

parul.b.yadav December 4, 2019

Recently we updated from jira version 7x to 8.5

2 answers

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

I also do not get a pencil icon (version 8.5.0), but I'm not sure if it was there previously, as we really don't utilize labels. I can, however, click the More button up top and choose Labels (or use the keyboard shortcut "l") to get a modal to add/delete labels.

parul.b.yadav December 5, 2019

@Payne try adding the label field in edit screen and in view screen. Then you'll be able to see the pencil.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2019

Hi @parul.b.yadav ,

Please provide more details of your query. 

Pencil logo will be available, when try to edit as shown below.

label.png

Hi sree,

For some reason in one instance the label field is having pencil option. But in other instance of jira that i am using the pencil option is not available. Though both instances are 8.5 version

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

Please check below point (s)

• Edit Issues permission is there are not.
  • Lable field is there on the Edit screen or not.

Thanks for your response. I'll check this

Suggest an answer