Label custom field to be project specific

Deleted user September 5, 2013

Hello,

I have created a label type custom field that is meant to be seperate from Labels field. Is there a way to make the values that get populated in that field to be project specific?

Thanks!
Piotr

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

I thought that you could create a separate context for it, per project, then the suggestions will only be from that project. That was my understanding anyway, could well be wrong. Try it...

Yes, I should have been more specific, I am convinced that would work, but we have way to may projects for it to be feasible. I would like this field not to be global the same way Labels field isn't, original Labels field is project speciific.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Maybe you could script the creation of custom field contexts. I don't know of any other way, short of hacking LabelCFType and its friends.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2013

I'm afraid not - labels are deliberately designed to be global, and there's no way to limit them to a project without coding.

I am sure I've seen a request for this in Atlassians to-do list, but I did not bookmark it, so I can't point you at it.

That's the thing, labels aren't global, are they?

They are project specific and show up in project overview as they are created.

Unless you meant that label type custom field is desgined as other custom fields so unless you configure context for each signle project it is shared.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2013

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23656

There are some related issues linked to this one too.

Deleted user September 8, 2013

Thanks! I voted for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events