Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Label E-Mails automatically as incident

Hi, 

Is there any way, that Jira can label E-Mail requests automatically as incidents?

For example: We have a server, and whenever there is an issue, the programm automatically sends an E-Mail to our Jira-E-Mail. Now we want this issue to be labeled as an Incident and not as E-Mail request. I figured since it is always the same sender and subject because its computer generated, there might be a function like "When the sender is xyz, label the issue as an incident". But I have yet to find anything like this.

Can anyone help me?

Kind regards 

Kevin 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Community Leader Jul 12, 2021

You should consider using Automation to post process email requests.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Can you maybe give me a hint on how you would do an automation if you want the E-Mail requests from one specific sender to always be an incident? I´m pretty new to Jira and do not know anything about automation yet.

Kind Regards

Jack Community Leader Jul 14, 2021

First I will point you to the documentation -  automate-your-jira-cloud-processes-and-workflows 

the concept of automation flow:

1. trigger - the event that results in the rule running
  2. condition(s) - if there are conditions under which you want to execute the action then include
  3. action(s) - the actions that should be done if the rule triggers and the conditions are met

in your case it will be something like this….

1. trigger - Issue created
  2. conditions - possibly use JQL and check that channel is email but maybe you can simply check if reporter is the server in question. Or maybe there is unique text in the description of issue?
  3. action - change issue type

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you