LDAPS fails on upgrade to 5.1.1

Rick Snaric August 6, 2012

Cannot authenticate to LDAP server via SSL since upgrade to 5.1.1.

Test basic connection : Failed

vanpdc02.impacservices.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: vanpdc02.impacservices.com:636 Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ssl.LdapHostnameVerificationSSLSocketFactory

Also, in the logs -

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching impacservices.com found.

at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.matchDNS(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.match(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkIdentity(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown Source)

2 answers

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

Hi Rick,

If it's not only the test connection that is failing, in case the directory synchronization is also not working, It can be also related to the issue described in this KB article.

Cheers

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Hi Rick,

I susepct that you are facing the bug described here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27347

If that is the case then it is just the test that fails, but the LDAPS connection and the synchronisation are actually successful. Therefore I would suggest you start by checking whether the connection and synchronisation are working correctly, rather than just following the error message, and if they aren't then I would suggest that you open a support ticket so that we can investigate the cause of this issue.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer