LDAP test and sync : Test get user's memberships failed !

Jefferson SEBBAN December 17, 2014
Hello everyone,
I'm trying to configure the ldap server on Jira but I'm stuck.
The connexion to the LDAP seems to be OK, he also can retrieve information about user of the LDAP but he cannot get user memberships. I think Group Schema Settings and/or Membership Schema Settings are not correct.
I don't know the memberships and I even don't know if my LDAP is using memberships attribute (LDAP server is remoted by HP so we do not have internal admin which manage it and when we try to contact them to have group and memberships parameter we don't have any answer).
Other apps like Jenkins sync with the same LDAP but they do not have to fill group & memberships schema settings and it works ... In JIRA these field are required.
I tried almost all the combination for memberships schema settings but still stuck with this failed since 1 week ..
If you have any idea that could help me , that's would be very kind..

2 answers

0 votes
Dana Jansen May 14, 2015

this is not working for me either.  all i get is sync failed see logs for details, but there is nothing in the logs.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

I would try and get an LDIF of a user who you expect to be able to log in and then set your settings based on it. If you have valid credentials to the LDAP server, you should be able to use a different LDAP client to connect to it and procure this info without any need to have admin access.

Suggest an answer