LDAP test and sync : Test get user's memberships failed !

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to configure the ldap server on Jira but I'm stuck.
The connexion to the LDAP seems to be OK, he also can retrieve information about user of the LDAP but he cannot get user memberships. I think Group Schema Settings and/or Membership Schema Settings are not correct.
I don't know the memberships and I even don't know if my LDAP is using memberships attribute (LDAP server is remoted by HP so we do not have internal admin which manage it and when we try to contact them to have group and memberships parameter we don't have any answer).
Other apps like Jenkins sync with the same LDAP but they do not have to fill group & memberships schema settings and it works ... In JIRA these field are required.
I tried almost all the combination for memberships schema settings but still stuck with this failed since 1 week ..
If you have any idea that could help me , that's would be very kind..

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Dec 19, 2014

I would try and get an LDIF of a user who you expect to be able to log in and then set your settings based on it. If you have valid credentials to the LDAP server, you should be able to use a different LDAP client to connect to it and procure this info without any need to have admin access.

This widget could not be displayed.

this is not working for me either.  all i get is sync failed see logs for details, but there is nothing in the logs.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

266 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you