LDAP only Syncing group not users

Patrik Stev October 18, 2017

Hello

I'm using Windows AD and attempting to sync (read-only) a few users to JIRA.

My ldap BASE DN is as follows:

CN=Jira Users,OU=Security Groups,OU=x,OU=x,OU=x,DC=domain,DC=com

This Group Jira Users contain a user and 1 group which contains several users. I want to sync all of this, but all that gets synched is "Jira Users". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Marko Filipan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

Hi Patrik,

As Boris said, we recommend providing an LDIF output for both user and the group, so we can provide you the correct suggestion for the base DN. You can find instructions to generate LDIF below:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-export-ldif-with-microsoft-ldifde-420970805.html

Also, if you are using nested groups, be sure to check if "Enable nested groups" checkbox is enabled from Advanced Settings section in User Directories.

Cheers,
Marko

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Pull an LDIF of your user and you’ll see this is the wrong base DN. Set you DN correctly, then use membership in this group as a user Filter.

Patrik Stev October 19, 2017

"then use membership in this group as a user Filter."

Care to explain what you mean by this?

Suggest an answer