LDAP filter not working as expected

Isabelle Debel October 11, 2017

Hi, 

i am connecting Active Directory to our JIRA application to manage groups etc.

I have two filters, one for users, and one for group membership.

users:

(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*)(memberof=CN=JIRA_allusers,OU=Jira,OU=Applications,OU=Groups,OU=companyname,DC=companyname,DC=local))

groups

(&(objectCategory=group)(name=jira*))

I am almost there. I have tried these LDAP queries in Active Directory.

First of all: Active Directory shows the correct 12 members in the usergroup defined by the filter. But JIRA only shows 8 of the 12 members, with no real clue as to why (similar OUs etc)

Also: i'd rather list the groups in my OU for the group filter instead of the name as above but i am not sure how to mae that specific group query (actually i want to list all the groups in a specific OU)

Thanks for any information/help!! 

Best regards

Roel van Doorn

3 answers

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

To have all the groups from an OU in Active Directory synced, you only need to specify the path to that OU. No filter is needed.

-Lars

0 votes
Isabelle Debel October 17, 2017

I was unaware that filtering on OU is done via the additional group DN. I was now able to add the specific groups i needed.

0 votes
Isabelle Debel October 11, 2017

As for the first question regarding the 8 user accounts: these accounts had the same name in the internal JIRA directory.

I have given priority to Active Directory and now see the correct accounts (this is in fact what i need since i need to migratie internal accounts to our AD)

Suggest an answer