LDAP authentication failing

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2013

Guys

I have recently upgraded my jira instance from 3.13 to 4.1.2. After the upgrade the LDAP authentication is not working although the internal directory authentication is.

I have checked the LDAP configurations and general configurations and matched it with the pre-upgraded ones and they all match.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 1, 2013

Have you checked the file osuser.xml? you should copy it from the original one to the upgraded instance.

Otherwise, both of them are EOL, maybe you can consider to upgrade to 4.4 or later :)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

And Rahul, when are you moving to later versions of JIRA? 4.1 is out of support time frame. And JIRA 5 is awesome with lot of cool features and nice UI.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2013

I think I have got the answer. I had an edited osuser.xml which i did not copy over after the upgrade.

Suggest an answer