LDAP as Authenticator

Chad Roberts February 21, 2013

We have migrating from 3.13 to 4.4.5 and now to 5.2.7 I was unable to get the LDAP authentication to work with an Internal Directory. It did not work in 4.4.5 and now 5.2.7. I have followed all of the documentation I can find on the web and atlassians knowledge base. Is there something in particular I am missing? This worked fine in 3.13 using the osusers.xml. Currently users are having for reset there passwords to login to Jira since it is not communicating with LDAP. When I run the Tests within the Jira gui they all come back fine. Not sure what to try next.

Thanks for the help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chad Roberts March 10, 2013

So the fix for our problem was to re-create the users in the Delegated LDAP Directory and then add them back to the Interal Directory User Groups. Jira-users, Jira-Administrators etc. Users where then able to authenticate via LDAP.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2013

I believe you had follow the steps in here to upgrade? If yes, just checking whether or not you've copied the osuser.xml from JIRA 3.13 directory to JIRA 4.4.5 directory during the upgrade? You will need the file when upgrading from version prior to JIRA 4.3.

With that, you should be able to see a Delegated type connection to LDAP in User Directories.

Chad Roberts March 8, 2013

So the fix for our problem was to re-create the users in the Delegated LDAP Directory and then add them back to the Interal Directory User Groups. Jira-users, Jira-Administrators etc. Users where then able to authenticate via LDAP.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2013

Although its a bit troublesome, that'll work as well. Glad to know the issue was solved. :)

Suggest an answer