LDAP as Authenticator

We have migrating from 3.13 to 4.4.5 and now to 5.2.7 I was unable to get the LDAP authentication to work with an Internal Directory. It did not work in 4.4.5 and now 5.2.7. I have followed all of the documentation I can find on the web and atlassians knowledge base. Is there something in particular I am missing? This worked fine in 3.13 using the osusers.xml. Currently users are having for reset there passwords to login to Jira since it is not communicating with LDAP. When I run the Tests within the Jira gui they all come back fine. Not sure what to try next.

Thanks for the help.

2 answers

1 accepted

So the fix for our problem was to re-create the users in the Delegated LDAP Directory and then add them back to the Interal Directory User Groups. Jira-users, Jira-Administrators etc. Users where then able to authenticate via LDAP.

0 vote

I believe you had follow the steps in here to upgrade? If yes, just checking whether or not you've copied the osuser.xml from JIRA 3.13 directory to JIRA 4.4.5 directory during the upgrade? You will need the file when upgrading from version prior to JIRA 4.3.

With that, you should be able to see a Delegated type connection to LDAP in User Directories.

So the fix for our problem was to re-create the users in the Delegated LDAP Directory and then add them back to the Interal Directory User Groups. Jira-users, Jira-Administrators etc. Users where then able to authenticate via LDAP.

Although its a bit troublesome, that'll work as well. Glad to know the issue was solved. :)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

451 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you