LDAP User needs to login once before it can be assigned to a role

sandro gehrig February 21, 2013

Hi there

We use the Active Directory connection and have a user object filter like this

(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=G-Jira,ou=SECURITY-GROUPS,ou=Groups,OU=Units,DC=ex,DC=org))

No I've added a user to this group "G-Jira" and did a user directory sync (more than once) but wasn't able to find and select the user in JIRA unless the user logged in the first time (obviously without any permissions since i wasn't able to add the user to a role until he logged in the first time...)
The LDAP connection test using this username went through, also bevore the first login.

Is this by design or am I doing somehting wrong?

thanks

sandro

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

I believe you set your LDAP as delegated, what means this behaviour is expected.

Setting LDAP as delegated is good when you have a lot of users so the sync will be done individually, and not all at once.

If you set your LDAP as connector, then all users will be sync and imported when you click on Synchronize.

Click here for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication

Hope it helps

sandro gehrig February 26, 2013

Thanks Bruna

How can I created this connector? And should I else define the roles using (already synced) groups in order to grant access before theyr first login?

Suggest an answer