LDAP User Paramaters change

yim Consultant July 7, 2013

Hello, I work with an Apple Open Directory and want to check how I can migrate the changes of User Parameters I made in LDAP to JIRA.

For Example:

I successfully created the User Hans Wurst in LDAP and migrate him successfully to JIRA. He is in the right groups and everything is as it should be.

Now I change his Username from Hans Wurst in Hans Neumann in LDAP & synchronize the JIRA User Directory with LDAP. Normally I would expect that his Name changed also in JIRA but nothing happens to him.

How can I fix that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

Hi @Frank Jurgeit,

If you are not able to do a sync with LDAP, try this

This may be little hectic,

Take the JIRA name,

Read the LDAP and get the details of that user by sending the JIRA name,

call the REST to update the name of the user.

check for any errors.

When I had a exact situation like this, I did exactly the same. I ran a perl file, which did the work for me, for several users, I changed the name.

Hope this helps.

yim Consultant July 7, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem ist not that I can't sync with the LDAP. The sync works but the user data in Jira won't change, when I modify a already created user in my LDAP. The changes I made in LDAP are also successfully saved for that user. Jira gives the message : "Full synchronization successfully executed."

Suggest an answer