LDAP Directory setup - Open Directory Mac OS X Server

Kevin Porter November 24, 2013

Setting up the directory integration and receive the following message when a quick test is performed:

[LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]; nested exception is javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]

The settings I used for the base DN are:

dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=org

What am I missing?

3 answers

0 votes
Kevin Porter December 1, 2013

I checked my slapd.conf file for the exact reference to the base DN and using that still does not seem to work. Any ideas?

0 votes
Kevin Porter November 25, 2013

Pedro,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately reviewing my log I don't see the same situation regarding an improperly referenced user. I do believe it is my inexperience with this naming convention that is preventing me from setting up this LDAP directory authentication.

"Caused by: javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]"

This entry is the only mention of an error code, and it is only specified to be code 34.

Generally speaking, the base DN is simply the beginning location for user and group queries from the LDAP correct?

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2013

Hi Kevin, check out this knowledge base article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/LDAP+Error+Code+34

Kevin Porter November 25, 2013

Pedro,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately reviewing my log I don't see the same situation regarding an improperly referenced user. I do believe it is my inexperience with this naming convention that is preventing me from setting up this LDAP directory authentication.

"Caused by: javax.naming.InvalidNameException: [LDAP: error code 34 - invalid DN]"

This entry is the only mention of an error code, and it is only specified to be code 34.

Generally speaking, the base DN is simply the beginning location for user and group queries from the LDAP correct?

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2013

Kevin, generally, your understanding of base DN is correct. Since the article not able to help you much on it, mind creating a support ticket at support.atlassian.com? If you do, please also include Directory Configuration Summary from JIRA along with one of the user's LDIF from LDAP directory.

Kevin Porter December 2, 2013

Thanks Zulfadli, the ticket has been submitted!

Suggest an answer