LDAP Directory Creation and Synchronization

Anandhi A February 13, 2013

Hi,

I tried to create an LDAP User Directory in JIRA 5.2. I provided the following details:

Directory Type: Microsoft Active Directory

Port: 389

Base DN: ou=Users, dc=example, dc=com

LDAP Permissions: Read/Write

User Object Filter is (&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*))

When i give Save and Test, i got

Test basic connection : Succeeded

I gave authentication details and gave Test Settings. I got the following error.

Test Retrieve User: Failed

org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not create DirContext instance for transaction; nested exception is org.springframework.ldap.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]
For more information regarding LDAP error codes see Troubleshooting LDAP Error Codes.

How do i resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Hi Anandhi,

Instead of using ou=Users, dc=example, dc=com, try using just dc=example, dc=com as Base DN.

The ou=Users must be set on the Group Filter like (&(&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*))(ou=Users)).

Hope it helps

Anandhi A February 14, 2013

Hi Bruna,

I tried what you said. I got the following exception:

org.springframework.ldap.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Search filter not permitted (attributes)]; nested exception is javax.naming.NoPermissionException: [LDAP: error code 50 - Search filter not permitted (attributes)]; remaining name 'dc=example,dc=com'

Can you tell me what to do to solve this???

Im new to all these stuff...:(

Anandhi A February 14, 2013

I created a new User directory with LDAP Authentication

Directory Type: OpenLDAP

BaseDN: dc=example,dc=com

UserName Attribute: sAMAccountName

I tested the settings and was successful.

I signed-up witha new user-id and password and email address.

But when i login with this username and password, i get the following error in the atlassian-security-logs:

'anandhi' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance...

Suggest an answer